Friday 19 June 2009

Greenpower

I met today with Alex Childs, a maths teacher at Penair High School to discuss how Buff Design coud be of help to their Greenpower car project.


For those of you who are not aware of what Greenpower is, let me fill you in on a few details. Run by by the Institue of Mechanical Engineers and; Greenpower is electric car racing for schools, colleges, apprentices and youth groups, the aim being to promote engineering and technology as exciting careers, to those aged 9-25.



Being keen on enviromental concerns as much as I am on motorsport, Greenpower allows me a little indulgence in my passion for cars and racing whilst maintaining a modestly clear concience.



My involvement with the project will be in the form of helping to raise sponsorship, and perhaps helping get a few of the more technically challenging part made on a shoestring.



One of the needs of the school is to generate 2D drawings for part fabrication, and some 3D modeling to help get an visual on the bodywork and its potential aerodynamic performance.



Hopefully This has already been sorted out as I spoke with a value added reseller who is willing to supply the software for free. all that needs to hapen is for the school to approve the introduction which hopefull can happen in early July

No comments:

Post a Comment